Thursday, June 24, 2010

How to keep dry skin from showing up more with makeup?

Everytime I put on makeup, my dry skin (from winter) shows up more often than without makeup. Is there anyway to make it less noticeable? I've tried putting lotion on then makeup but it doesn't help that much.How to keep dry skin from showing up more with makeup?
First of all you need to fix the problem of dry skin - use a really heavy moisturizer, or something for skin problems like eczema, at night. In the morning, exfoliate your skin and use a light moisturizer. This should sort out the flakiness quickly.





When your waiting for the moisture in your face to build up, I suggest you just exfoliate every morning before putting on makeup. Also, if possible, don't wear foundation but only concealer and powder as this will make the flakes show up less.





Hope this helps! xxHow to keep dry skin from showing up more with makeup?
Try a gentle exfoliater weekly also put moisturizer on prior to putting your foundation on and let it set into your skin for about 15 minutes. You may need to change moisturizers as well if it is a big problem, you may need something more suitable for dry skin. Also there are foundations out there that are moisturizing foundations. Laura Mercier makes a moisturizing foundation that you can purchase through sephora that has gotten rave reviews. I also think that most foundations that are suppose to be like anti-aging or for mature skin typically have added moisturizers in them so you might check some of those out too! Hope this helps!
This ALWAYS happens to me, i've tried expensive brands and cheap brands and they do not work.


I exfoliate, moisturize and wait 10-15 minutes before applying my foundation, but it keeps getting dry around my nose and cheeks, although my face doesn't feel dry at all before the foundation.





I just wear my foundation with the dry patches (groan) and put a highlighter over it.
I had this exact same problem!!! :)


What worked for me is goldbond lotion. I put about a pump of lotion all around my face at night and in the morning before I applied my makeup. The dryness of my skin was gone within a few days. I also have very oily skin, and the goldbond lotion reduced that as well! I tell you, this lotion works wonders :) And it's meant to moisturize and heal dry skin.
I use a cocoa butter b4 I get in the shower. All over the face or where ever the dry skin is. I take a scrubby brush and exfoliate at the end of the shower. Leaving the cocoa butter on for that long in a steamy shower helps a LOT! Plus you wash it off at the end. Then you would want to apply a good moisturizer. I have patches on my face sometimes even though I have oily skin too. I guess it's more of a combination skin, but it sucks cause my skin is SUPER sensitive too!
Try to gently scrub your face a few minutes before applying moisturizer. while the moisturizer is still damp on your skin apply a powder, not foundation. thats what I have to do. I also put foundation around my eyes because of dark circles. Of course match the color of your powder and foundation. your face will look flawless, the same as if you had foundation all over your face. it should not look like your skin is peeling.
I have the same problem.


I always put cetaphil cream on my face before i apply makeup and it works like a charm! but dont use too much otherwise your makeup will crease which doesn't look so good.





http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d鈥?/a>





It costs around ten dollars I think at walmart but it lasts a long time, its so so worth it.





I believe its in the beauty/body section at walmart.
In the winter, I lightly exfoliate my skin every day.... for my skin, it is the best !! I then use a product call No. 27 (which is amazing) and then an excellent face cream/moisturizer by Yves Rocher. For the winter only, I use a light weight foundation, and mineral powder....and it's always flawless.
don't put lotion it dries out your face lotion has alcohol in it cream is better ..... what you need to apply on your face is moisturizers Korres has a good product


http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>


apply before your makeup the some primer this should help a lot!!


good luck :)
my skin gets dry too, and recently my friend said she scrubs her skin with sugar, and I tried doing that and its amazing! just wet your skin, get some pure cane sugar, and just scrub your face. your skin gets so smooth and soft! try it it works amazing! :)
Actually here is a review I found for you I use these products and love them.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPv_POaTT鈥?/a>
U should always put moisturizer before u put on your foundation. Or u can add a few drops of water to the foundation before u apply it. Hope I helped! :)
try exfoliating in the a.m. b4 you put your mkup on. make sure your using a good moist. under your mkup. maybe try using a tined moist. during the winter months w/ moist. under that.
put a little amount of vaseline...let it set for like half an hour before u put makeup..


then put makeup :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin